SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC
(Company Registration No. PQ 7)
Lotus Road, Colombo 01.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Twentieth (20th) Annual General Meeting of Sri Lanka Telecom PLC will be held on 24 May 2017 at 10.00 a.m. at the Kings Court, Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel Colombo, No. 115, Sir Chittampalam A Gardiner Mawatha, Colombo 02 for the purpose of conducting the following Ordinary Business:
- To receive and consider the Annual Report of the Board of Directors on the affairs of the Company and the Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31 December 2016 with the Report of the Auditors thereon.
- To declare a first and final dividend of Eighty Nine Cents (0.89 Cents) per share as recommended by the Directors.
- To re-elect as a Director, Ms Lai Choon Foong, who retires by rotation in terms of Articles 91 and 92 of the Articles of Association.
- To re-elect as a Director, Ms Chandra Ekanayake, who retires by rotation in terms of Articles 91 and 92 of the Articles of Association.
- To appoint Auditors in place of those retiring:
To consider and if thought fit to pass the following resolution as an Ordinary Resolution to appoint Messrs Ernst & Young, Chartered Accountants, as the Auditors of the Company in place of the retiring Auditors, Messrs KPMG, Chartered Accountants from the conclusion of this Annual General Meeting and their remuneration be fixed by the Directors.
- To authorise the Directors to determine and make donations to charities.
- To transact any other business of which due notice has been given.
“Resolved that Messrs Ernst & Young, Chartered Accountants be appointed as the Auditors of the Company, in place of the retiring Auditors, Messrs KPMG, Chartered Accountants, to hold the office from the conclusion of this Annual General Meeting and that their remuneration be fixed by the Directors.”
By Order of the Board
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC
17 April 2017
- A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her.
- A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
- A Form of Proxy accompanies this Notice.